Giant Nephilim remains Discovered in Northern, Ohio
Giant Humans in Ohio Mounds
For over 100 historical accounts of giant humans uncovered in Ohio Mounds, Get the Nephilim Chronicles: Fallen Angles in the Ohio Valley
Firelands Pioneers, 1858,
Vermillion Township, Erie County, Ohio
There are quite a number of mounds in the township, where the bones, and sometimes the whole skeleton of the human race have been found. The bones and skeletons found are very large, and some of the inhabitants think they much of belonged to a race of beings much larger in size than the Indians found here by the settlers.
Ohio Democrat, (New Philadelphia, Ohio) January 14, 1870
The Cardiff Giant Outdone
Alleged Discovery of the Skeleton of a Giant in the Oil Regions
The Oil City Times of Friday is responsible for the following:
On Tuesday morning last, while Mr. William Thompson, assisted by Robert R. Smith was engaged in making an excavation near the house of the former, about half a mile north of West Hickory, preparatory to erecting a derrick, they exhumed an enormous helmet of iron, which was corroded with rust. Further digging brought to light a sword, which measured nine feet in length. Curiosity incited them to enlarge the hole, and after some little time they discovered the bones of two enormous feet. Following up the “lead” they had unexpectedly struck, in a few hours time they had unearthed a well preserved skeleton of an enormous giant, belonging to a species of the human family which probably inhabited this and other parts of the world at that time of which the Bible speaks, when it says: “And there were giants in those days.” The helmet is said to be the shape of those found among the ruins of Nineveh. The bones of the skeleton are remarkably white. The teeth all in their places, and all of extraordinary size. These relics have been taken to Tionest, where they are visited by large numbers of people daily. When his giant ship was in the flesh he must have stood eight feet in his stockings. These remarkable relics will be forwarded to New York early next week. The joints of the skeleton are now being glued together. These remains were found about twelve feet below the surface of the mound which had been thrown up probably centuries ago, and which was not more than three feet above the level of the ground around it. Here is another nut for antiquarians to crack.
History of Huron and Erie Counties, Ohio, 1879
Near these forts were mounds or hillocks, which were found to contain human bones, promiscuously thrown together, as if a large number of bodies had been buried at one time. The skull bones, when found entire, were shown to be larger upon average, than those of the present race, and all exhibited marks that would indicate that life had been taken in deadly combat.
History of Lorain County, Ohio, 1879
Their mounds are a proof of their existence, for their character and the place and mode of their erection attest the handiwork of intelligent beings, while the bones, weapons of warfare, stone implements and arrow heads which have been discovered and are still found buried in these earthworks, furnish a still stronger proof of the existence of a pre-historic people. The skeleton remains of human beings of almost gigantic proportions were exhumed from their ancient cemeteries by the first settlers. The Indians, disclaiming them as kindred, could give no information in regard to them.”
History of Ashland County, Ohio, 1880
“About thirty-five years since, while engaged in cutting a bluff, on the bank of the creek, east of the residence of the late Patrick Murray, for the purpose of improving the trail-road alluded to, a number of human skeletons were unearthed, among which was one supposed to have been over seven feet high, when erect. The bones were in a good state of preservation. This giant must have loomed up among his aboriginal kinsmen like a Colossus.”
History of Ashland County, Ohio, 1880
Two mounds were found in the north part of Perry Township, about one mile from the fort. They were about thirty feet apart, and occupied level ground near a brook. The larger one was about five feet high, and twenty-five feet in diameter at the base. The smaller one was probably twelve feet in diameter at the base and three and a half feet high. William Hamilton extirpated the larger one in digging a cellar; and about four feet below the natural surface found a triangular wooden post, and three human skeletons, one of unusual size, embedded in the sand.
American Antiquarian, Vol., 3, 1880
“A skeleton which is reported to have been of enormous dimensions” was found in a clay coffin, with a sandstone slab containing hieroglyphs during mound explorations by Dr. Everhart near Zanesville, Ohio.
A mound near Toledo, Ohio held 20 skeletons, seated and facing east with jaws and teeth “twice as large as those of present day people” and beside each was a large bowl with “curiously wrought hieroglyphic figures.”
History of Erie County, Ohio, 1889
“On the highest points and some distance back from the creek banks, in fields of light, sandy soil and clay sub-soil, are found circular deposits of extremely black earth varying in depth from one to three feet, in which are found skeletons of a ‘race’-not Indians. The skull is well developed, being full in forehead, broad, with good height above the ears, and in all respects, different from the Indians. The skeletons of adults are above average size and some of them gigantic. The writer, together with Dr. Charles Stroud and Mr. T. L. Williams, have dug up a number in different localities, and always, with one exception, with the same results.”
History of the Villages and Townships of Erie County, Ohio, Berlin Township, 1890
This creek has a branch called the West Branch. The two branches have had at different times over two dozen saw mills built along their course through the township. The Chapelle empties into the lake in the township of Vermilion. There is a mound on the farm of Henry Hoak, in the eastern part of the township, which covers one-eighth of an acre, with large trees growing on it; and in digging a cellar, some time ago, for a new house, near one which was built in the first settlement of the township, a large human skeleton was found, in a sitting posture. Others have been found at the same place, also many arrowheads, stone axes, and other relics, evincing that the spot built upon must have been a mound.